Saturday, January 17, 2015

30 Day Challenge-Day15-Best Thing This Week

The Best Thing to Happen To You This Week




Once again...I fail at a challenge topic.

There was no ONE BIG THING that happened this week that I can say was the 'It" moment....

Life doesn't always work that way, you know?

I had a week...7 days.  And it was a good week; just not a spectacular one.  I made breakfast for my baby Roo, helped her with her homework, tucked her in at night--normal stuff.




Love

I hung out with family and friends...watched my Broncos bite the big one, cheered as the Seahawks kicked some ass--but only for Webby.

I did laundry, dishes, and this blog.

I fed the cat and Bob the Backyard Squirrel.  I hung out with people I loved, and got to snuggle a tiny, sweet, lovely baby boy to sleep while his little starfish hands patted my face....


He's actually with Auntee Saira here, but I LOVE this pic!


I did not: win the lottery, have sex with #2, lose any weight, find a cure for MOTHERFUCKING cancer, have a good hair day, get a good night's sleep, or even find one single pair of matching socks to wear.

I got shit done, though......Did what I needed to do, and I got through the week.  And, sometimes, you can't ask for much more than that without being a major fucking asshole.

Life isn't always the big moments that make you shine.  Life isn't always a photo-op that you can post on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or any other social media forum.

Sometimes life is just lived in the between places - in the pauses.



Nothing horrifically bad happened this week--for once!! (Thank you, Universe!!)  It was just a day in the life. One day at a time. 



Do you know what happens when you look at each 'day at a time', and respect it for what it is and savor it?  

You collect more and more of those quiet days...more and more moments that happen in the space between "MOMENTS", and you use them as building blocks---to build your life.

So, yeah, nothing major happened this week.  I can't say any one thing is the "best thing that happened"

What I can say is that I lived each moment of this week.  I experienced all 7 days, and I got through them.  

Nothing spectacular, nothing especially noteworthy--besides Vancouver Pizza Company for lunch and Sushi Tsunami for dinner IN THE SAME DAMN DAY!!!---but most of my week was quiet and 'normal'.

Sometimes quiet is what we need.  Sometimes average is Just. Fucking. Right.



And sometimes, when we add up all of those 'non-best', inconsequential moments...they add up to something pretty special.

And I like special.

Like this.  THIS is Special;


Why, THANK YOU, Husband!  I loved your abs today!!  Even Stevens!

And so are you.

Now go act like it!!

2 comments:

Ken Harris said...

I think you're right, Mary. If you live in the moment, all moments are special. What time is it? It's NOW.

Unknown said...

Love it and you

Sad But True

So, I’ve been reading Stephen King’s 11/23/63 novel the last few days, and I cannot help feeling personally attacked tonight by it. The book...