Thursday, January 15, 2015

Day 13 - 30 Day Challenge -Perfect Date



A Date You Would Love to Go On


This is so difficult…I actually attempted to write this about 5 times last night, and could not make it work….

You see, a “date’ is something I used to suffer through (all those awkward and uncomfortable ‘what do you do’, ‘where did you grow up’ ‘yes, I would LOVE to see a picture of your dog/kid/car’ moments…urgh!) so I can get the feller into the sack and see if it’s worth my time to offer him a second date...

OK, that was how I dated before….now, I Just Say No.  (See, Nancy Reagan, SOMEONE paid attention to your crap in the ‘80’s…not about drugs, mind, but about something…winning!)
 
I am, Nancy, I am!!

That – combined with my utter lack of faith in my own judgment-- makes describing a date I would “LOVE” to go on a virtual impossibility…hence the massive revisions.  I made a deal with myself that I would follow through with this blog challenge, though…so here is what you get:

Scene:  It is November 29, 2015.  I have just suffered through enjoyed a lovely Thanksgiving with my entire fam-damily, as well as a 9th birthday party for Roo, full of screaming children....without valium OR Kung Foo!

Chelsea Handler and I have just come from the launch of the iPhone2467, and I have nicked about 14 swag bags from the party, which means I don’t need to do the Christmas shopping for any friends or family this year.  We are sharing a bottle of Taittinger Brut Rose, and demolishing a seafood tower as Chelsea tells me jokes about all the famous people she knows.  There is a full moon out which, along with the dazzling array of Christmas lights, has turned our view into a Christmas Nirvana.

*sigh* I want this more than I want Matt Damon


Just as our waiter rolls a cart to our table and starts slicing the Chateaubriand onto our plates, the doors to the restaurant burst open.  Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachman, and a load of porky, bloated old men with gin blossoms on their noses and bad comb-overs burst into the room.  They are armed with signs protesting gay marriage, increased minimum wage, and Obamacare, and waving them around in a lethal fashion.  They round us all up against a wall, and tell us we are being held hostage until Barack Obama arrests every public official in Colorado, and declares marijuana illegal in every state in the Union.

Be afraid, be VERY afraid!!

These clueless Tea Baggers have failed to notice that Chelsea and I swiped the carving knife and skewer from our table.  Suddenly, Chelsea jumps up, looks over the shoulders of our captors and cries, “No, Hillary, save yourself!”  

As all head turn in horror, expecting to see Hillary Clinton at the head of a wave of angry Democrats, Chelsea and I grab the two Horse-faces of the Apocalypse by the hair and put our kitchen implements to their throats.

“Freeze, Teabaggers!” Chelsea shouts.  “No sudden movements or we will turn these crazy pirate hookers into hamburger!”  (see why I can’t sell my screenplay???  No feel for dialogue!)

The poor schmucky Teabaggers throw their signs to the floor and beg us not to harm their icons.  They are quickly trussed with strips of napkins and tablecloths, and rolled out into the snow where the Fox News reporters are delving into my sordid past, and pointing out that I must have been planning to sleep with Chelsea Handler, since it was our first date, and saying how slutty single moms are.  They use interviews with my two retarded exes to prove my loose morals, and point out that Chelsea is also a slut AND a lesbian, as she is famous, and everyone knows Hollywood is overrun with the gays and the tramps...

She's hot, drinks a lot, AND is BFF with Jennifer Anniston....so, yeah, I might have a girl-crush on her too!

The sound of a helicopter causes all and sundry to hit the deck with their hands over their heads…Who could it be?   
Ron Paul and Ted Cruz, rescuing their compadres? 
50 Cent, coming to rescue his ladylove?

In fact, the helicopter is being flown by none other than Harrison Ford---that’s right, mofo’s Han Solo is a licensed helicopter pilot!!  It turns out that Harrison was at the iPhone2467 launch, hanging out with Ryan Gosling, Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper, Eminem, and Liam Neeson.  They land in front of the Chophouse and motion Chelsea and me onto the chopper.  

Decisions, decisions!

We take off in a swirl of snow and flashbulbs, and head over to Ryan Gosling’s Aspen ranch.  Han—I mean Harrison—explains that the Fox News coverage has created a firestorm of bad press, and Chelsea and I are going to be smuggled out of the country until the heat dies down.

Although there is clearly an insane amount of sexual tension between Ryan Gosling and I, I refuse to make out with him on the way to his house, as his daughter and baby mama are there.  Sadly, Christian Bale’s wife is there as well, hanging with Eva, so there will be no making out with him either.

We switch from Harrison’s helicopter to an Emirates A380, bound for the airport in Naples.  We leave the two hot but committed hunks behind, and Liam Neeson and Bradley Cooper take turns making passes at me until I fall asleep. 
B-Coop wakes me up at the airport and hustles me into a Ferrari F12 Berlinetta, and we race off to his friend’s house on the coast.  The house, called Casa Peppe, is owned by his friend, Lee Crooks, who is a reclusive zillionaire.  

Pac...er...Lee's bad ass villa.

As the sun sinks over the horizon, Eminem and this ‘Lee’ dude—who sounds an awful lot like 2Pac---are making up kick-ass rap songs while Bradley Cooper gives me a back massage, and brings me glass after glass of Jameson on the rocks without even being told to.  Liam Neeson keeps texting me about going to hang out on his yacht which is anchored off of Santorini, while Chelsea flashes her boobs at the Lee Crooks dude, and asks him over and over if he knows any songs by Sexual Chocolate.

***ALARM GOES OFF, DREAM DATE IS OVER!!***

And THAT, my dear ones, is a date I would like to go on....how about you???

'Night!! 

No comments:

Sad But True

So, I’ve been reading Stephen King’s 11/23/63 novel the last few days, and I cannot help feeling personally attacked tonight by it. The book...