Monday, January 19, 2015

30 Day Challenge - Day 16-Why I am Cool

3 Things You Are Proud of About Your Personality



Hmmmm, so many magical qualities, so little time!  Joking, of course

I don't know if I can say I am 'proud' of these personality traits, but they are traits that I think make me who I am, and they don't totally suck.

Here goes:



1.  I speak up.  I have spent my whole life speaking when I think something need to be said.  I am always the 'squeaky wheel', and while I am sure it annoys some people, but I get shit done.  I frequently lecture people in public for being rude to servers, cashiers, etc.  I suppose that sounds obnoxious, but I am usually very polite about it, and the person I defended has always told me they appreciated the help.  I try to avoid Wal-Mart on evenings and weekends because I am majorly obnoxious when I see/hear children being mistreated by their parents....

I suppose I am a bit brash at times, and probably annoy masses of people, but I generally speak kindly and try to be nice about things.  I can tell you that I have never regretted sticking up for anyone, and I usually have people thank me for addressing issues and giving suggestions how to make things better.  I am probably going to keep annoying people and speaking about making things better, or people better, or whatever until I go toes up...deal with it!!






2. I am kinda like Wonder Woman.  Okay, maybe if Wonder Woman had grey hair, wrinkles, was kinda chunky, and a shrimp.  So, not really like Wonder Woman.  And I don't fight crime, either. What I do do (heh...'doodoo') is rescue people all the time.  Someone broken down on the side of the road?  I pull over, and if I can't fix their problem, I will wait with them until AAA gets there, or I drive them to get help.  I routinely pull over and push stalled vehicles out of the road..usually when I am wearing skirts, heels, or flip flops.  I have pulled over and changed tires for people, hopped out and helped people carry stuff, etc.  When my friends or family members move, I am always called upon to move couches, appliances, and anything else that is bulky, heavy. and otherwise inclined to be a bitch to haul.  So...not Wonder Woman, just freakishly strong and always willing to jump in and help people.   (Before you lecture me about safety and maybe putting myself in danger, let me tell you that I am always armed with some sort of weapon that I am fully capable of using----I would fuck a mutha UP!)

Sadly, I am more like this than Wonder Woman---seriously, same jaw and everything---except for the abs!!

I will settle for this, though!


 3.  I am resourceful as fuck.  I can pretty much fix anything in the whole wide world--- except for wiring.  Back in the stone ages, before the Internet, I used to read how to manuals for basically everything--now, of course, I can jump online and GTS.  I don't think I have ever called an appliance repairman in my life--I disassemble that shit, fix it, and put it back together---few screws, washers, or bolts left over??  Ooops!  Move on!  Usually, when anyone has a washing machine making a funny noise, clogged drain, disposal jammed, door off the hinges, hole in the wall, etc., I get a call and head over with my tools and handle that shit  like a pro.  It makes me feel pretty good that I can take care of my own business and help people out as well.

OHMYGODIAMSOGLADTHATSOVER!!!!!!

Boring as hell, and I am sorry.  I have just realized, after spending about 100 hours and being a day late and revising constantly that I do not like writing about myself...or at least not good stuff---if this was 3 worst qualities, it probably would have been 3X as long and 50X as funny....

Sorry about that, guys, I am committed to doing this 30 day challenge, even if the subject makes me want to yank my hair out by the roots!!

Leaving you with these thoughts:

1.  I just realized that this is kinda how I see myself:



 But I am pretty sure this is how most people see me....

 I am ok with that, 'cuz that chick could totally kick your ass--and so can I.



Also, Ryan Gosling.  Just because.



*slobber!*

1 comment:

Susie said...

OMG, you're so funny! I'm kinda, sorta like you describe. This is my year for ME! I'm not going to give up self for others as often. I'm going to RECEIVE blessings, no matter what they look like. ;) I'm still under construction in middle age.

Sad But True

So, I’ve been reading Stephen King’s 11/23/63 novel the last few days, and I cannot help feeling personally attacked tonight by it. The book...