Friday, January 2, 2015

Day 1--30 Day Challenge:




"Weird things you do when you are alone."


This one is kind of strange for me.  I do lots of things when I am alone, but I am not sure how ‘weird’ they actually are…or maybe it’s just because I am so weird that I think these things are pretty normal? 

What do you think?


1.        I talk to myself.  When I am by myself, I talk A LOT.  (I can just hear you wise guys saying, "You talk a lot when you’re NOT alone!" Har, har, har, ya'll, Mary talks a lot…get over yourself)  Especially when I am cleaning or working on a project…Or when I fall down.  I do that a lot too, but it is not limited to when I am alone, I am just really clumsy in general.  I have had people walk in on me talking to myself and give me odd looks, then give me even odder (Wait...  Is that a word?  Or should I have said ‘more odd’…hmmmm, this is why I would never make it on a newspaper) looks when I tell them I am talking to myself.  However, after years of dealing with such judgy scenarios, I have crafted the ultimate response to a*holes (please don’t read that as ‘asshole’, I loathe that word—it is pronounced exactly like it looks—A HOLE) that give me a hard time for conversing with myself.  The convo goes like this:

        A*hole: “Um, who are you talking to?”
        Me:        “No one.”

        A*Hole:                “So, you are in here, cleaning windows and talking to yourself?” (At this point, A*holes face scrunches up, eyebrows are raised—brows, not brow, because most a*holes are not cool enough to only raise one like me and Scarlett O’Hara—and their voice gets all high at the end)

         Me:        “Yep. I needed an expert opinion”

Crickets chirping....A*hole vanquished!
                



Pretty cool, there, right?  I don’t know how weird that is, but it’s one of my ‘alone time’ things.




2.       I sing.  And I don’t mean I kinda mumble along to the Pandora station.  I full-on, Adele-at-the-Grammys, raise-the-roof SING.  Except I don’t sound anything remotely like Adele…or like anyone with a good voice for that matter.  Because my voice is so epically bad --- ask my little sister….she has a very good story about looking for a tape for a school project and finding some karaoke recordings of me singing the Dixie Chicks---so bad.  So. So. Bad.  I am pretty sure she has residual deafness as a result of the listening.  But it serves her right for snooping through my crap, right? --- I try not to sing around anyone, ever, as I consider myself a bit of a humanitarian.  Consequently, when I am alone, I really go to town on the singing. In my mind, Christina A, Carrie U, T Swift and I are all vocal equals.  Clearly, everywhere outside my delusional brain that is not the case, but it’s fun for me.  It’s a good thing.  Although I am sure my pets would disagree.


Call PETA, she's doing it again!




3.       Aaaaaaaand, finally, the big one.  This is pretty embarrassing, and definitely weird.  I almost didn’t include it due to the social humiliation aspect, but I did commit to this blog challenge, and doing it honestly, so here goes...Try not to varmint on yourself when you read this, I am gagging already…..*deep breath* Here goes….

I pick my toenails. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!! (Betcha some of you thought I was going to talk about masturbation, right?  Gawd, you are sick.  Ew.  Never.  Or at least not this early in our relationship, pervo!)



 This is so disgusting, I am going to just power through this justification as fast as I can.  If you already have a little bit of puke in your mouth right now, just scroll down and write a comment about how awesome I am and how you are going to share this blog with everyone you know, and then leave.  I won’t tell anyone.



I hate feet.  They are gross.  I don’t like looking at feet, touching feet, or having people put their feet near me.  I almost broke up with someone for offering to give me a foot massage on my bare feet!   Feet are lame.  Although, I am immensely grateful for the service they provide keeping me from falling (as much) and having to wear, like ankle caps--how unstylish would that be?  Whenever I get a manicure and I look across the room and see people getting their feet worked on, I have to shut my eyes and go like this:

 
Feeeeeeeeet!



Seriously, next time someone makes you want to yark, make that face ^^ and the feeling will pass.  Anyway, I am sure you get the point.  I don’t get pedicures.  Every 2 weeks, I gird my loins (sorry, I know that’s a creepy phrase, but any excuse I can make to say or wrote the word ‘loins’, I will!), and I do the whole clip-file-paint thing.  Since I am the complete opposite of a professional nail painter, my toenails chip and I pick the nail polish off when no one is around.  Ew. Gross.  Right?  That’s all I have to say about #3, you guys.



 And, thus ends Day 1 of the 30-day Blog Challenge, I hope you had as much fun as I did.  And, since I probably made you want to rip out your own eyeballs rather than read about me and my manky toenails, here is a little sugar from me to you.  Don’t say I never do nice things for you guys!

You're welcome!


8 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought i was the only weird one. That's exactly what goes through my head when I'm doing the exact same things.

Mary Trujillo said...

Haha, maybe that's why we get along so well!

Unknown said...

So far, nothing you have babbled about comes as a surprise to me! It only confirms everything I would expect from you! Will continue to follow this and see if you even more funky then I???

Amy Bovaird said...

Ha ha! Weird things! When I'm in a good mood, I make up songs and sing stanzas again and again, and, oh yea, that have to rhyme. Thanks for this post! Great choice of pictures!

Mary Trujillo said...

I am definitely more funky than you, Frenchie!!

Mary Trujillo said...

Thanks, Amy!!

Mary Trujillo said...

Thanks, Nomers!! I am having fun doing it!

Tami said...

These posts just make me love you even more Mary!

Sad But True

So, I’ve been reading Stephen King’s 11/23/63 novel the last few days, and I cannot help feeling personally attacked tonight by it. The book...