Sunday, November 12, 2017

Day 12 - Songs You Listen To When You Are Happy/Sad/Angry

Music is my jam.


I have to have music playing all the time, everywhere.


In the car, at home, at work.  I literally "cannot even" without music.


I have shit taste in music, you guys.


For the last 6 months, my 2 favorite songs have been by boy-band-type dudes.


I love Britney, Xtina, BSB, and NSync, and will 'carpool karaoke' every time they come on the radio.


I have to listen to Eminem or Korn when I clean my house.


When I am gardening or painting walls, or otherwise puttering, I HAVE to listen to The Beatles.


When I have insomnia, Matt Rainey and The Dippin' Sauce helps me chill.


However, when I am super sad, super mad, super stressed, the only thing that helps is Duran Duran's 'Big Thing'.  The whole album (besides 'All She Wants is') or Depeche Mode's Music For The Masses -- I am sooo a child of the 80s!!


First of all, Simon Le Bon should have been my husband.  Even more so than Ryan Gosling. 


I have had a fangirl crush since...oh, about 1984, which makes him my longest relationship....lol


Duran Duran was the first concert I ever went to, and although it was not the most intense (Ozzy), most insane (Good Charlotte), or the most incredible (Boys II Men, New Kids on The Bock, and Paula Abdul), it was my first, and I will never forget it.


I have spent years freaking out over every new release (Wild Boys nearly unhinged me), buying magazines, T-shirts, etc.




*swoon!*






They broke up - sob - and formed different bands;  Power Station, Arcadia, and then re-formed with new people.


Big Thing was their first post-breakup album, and it is the only one I still have the cassette of (well, I have Arcadia's So Red The Rose, but it's not D2), the CD of, and the one I listen to all the time when I am feeling too many feels.


'Do You Believe In Shame' is my favorite song from that album, and I listened to it about 40,000 times last fall/winter, because it reminded me of my friend Jimbo.  The lyric "I believe the little part of you inside of me will never die"...well, that was everything.  For whatever reason, 'Too Late Marlene' just makes me feel better - no idea why.  I listen to "The Edge of America" every time I drive to the coast, and I am not being ironic.


Music For The Masses belongs entirely to my high school friendship with Sara Sanders.  'Never Let Me Down Again' was the first song she would always play when I got in her Suzuki Samurai.  "I'm taking a ride with my best friend" is the opening lyric, and she would always laugh and fling that giant curtain of beautiful brown hair over her shoulder and say, 'That's us, right?'
And it was.


'Behind The Wheel' was the same....she was the driver, behind the wheel, and I was her happy passenger, willing to follow her anywhere.
Except for the night I didn't.
I stayed home, and she left.  Forever.


So, there you have it.


In addition to having mostly shit taste in music, I am horrifically morbid.


Also, I hate Beyonce's music.  And her voice. 
Loathe it.


Just had to throw that out there.





No comments:

Sad But True

So, I’ve been reading Stephen King’s 11/23/63 novel the last few days, and I cannot help feeling personally attacked tonight by it. The book...