Friday, November 10, 2017

Day 10 - Short Term Goals For The Month

Ahem.


Sorry, everyone.  I could be very lofty and inspirational and list shit like meditation, weight loss, good habits, blah, blah, blah.


Nope.


Nope, nope, allllllllllllllllllllllll the nope's.




It is Thanksgiving Month, which is LEGIT my jam.




Soooooo, my 'short -term goals' are as follows:




1. Gravy.
2. Paulette's Country Kitchen Pies.
3. What Do I Replace 'The Ref' With?
4. Flocked, natural tree vs. fake tree?






1. Here's the deal - I make an AMAZING homemade Turkey Gravy, thanks to Martha Stewart.  When I was 18, I realized my mother in law was using gravy out of a jar for Thanksgiving Dinner.  Granted, she was running 2 businesses, raising a teenage son, coddling an adult son, and dealing with an unanticipated granddaughter that she loved SO much, everyone thought it was HER child and not mine.
But gravy from a jar??
NOPE.
I watched the Martha Stewart show, learned how to make the best gravy EVAH, and have made it every year since then. 
Problem is, I frequently underestimate my post-Thanksgiving gravy needs.  There is always a RIVER of gravy on Turkey Day, but it falls short on Leftover Day, and 2nd Leftover Day, and Make Thanksgiving Soup Out of Leftovers Day.


This year, I am determined to make enough gravy to go the distance, without sacrificing flavor or texture.


Yesssssssssssssssssss!!!





Not saving the world by any means, but SUPER important to me.


2. My FABULOUS sister-in-law bought pies for a Thanksgiving dinner.  Chocolate Raspberry Cream Cheese Pie, and Chocolate Peanut Butter Silk Pie.  She got them from Paulette's Country Kitchen, which is the ONLY place to eat breakfast in 'town' (Nevada City or Grass Valley).  THOSE PIES.  Haven't stopped thinking about them since 2013.
I was soooooooo looking forward to having them at Thanksgiving this year when I went 'home for the holiday', but my trip home got derailed by a thermonuclear blast, which has made all of my plans for the next 3 months moot (or "moo, like a cow's opinion"!).  Ordering them and having them shipped at this late date is not an option, so I am going to attempt to recreate them up here, and will report the results to all of you.


3. Ummmmmm, for YEARS, "The Ref" has kicked off my holiday season, as it is one of my favorite holiday movies ever.  THIS YEAR, I don't know if I can watch it...in fact, I know I can't.  Kevin Spacey, who has been one of my favorite actors FOREVER is a filthy fucking pervert and a sexual predator and I can't watch a movie that has been a staple of mine, and my sister's, holidays for years.  It sucks.




This WAS a holiday staple....   :(




4. I am letting Lexi pick our Christmas décor this year, and she wants a flocked/white tree.


GROSS!


I loathe white trees, I loathe flocked trees (isn't it just a cancer-causing chemical shit storm??), I hate that look.


HOWEVER, Lex wants a white tree with lime, turquoise, fuchsia, silver, and purple, and that's what she is getting.


Much to my dismay.


These goals may not be earth-shaking, world-changing, or even beneficial to anyone but myself, but the prompt dictated the post, and you are allllll stuck with my selfishness.


But how is longing for more gravy a bad thing??






Yeah, yeah!


No comments:

Sad But True

So, I’ve been reading Stephen King’s 11/23/63 novel the last few days, and I cannot help feeling personally attacked tonight by it. The book...