Thursday, March 4, 2021

I Don't Know What to Say

 

So, I had to Google a writing prompt for today because I am tired and annoyed.

 

The prompt:

7 tips to make your blogging easier.

 

Is it “easier” or “more easy”?

I fucking hate grammar.

The English language is trash.

Let’s not get into the following:

Your

You’re

Too

Two

To

See

Saw

Seen

I FUCKING HATE SEEN!!

I used to be a ‘grammar Nazi’ until I realized the internet does not give a fuck about spelling, grammar, or my feelings on those subjects.

Also, I have fat thumbs that do not text well, so I am the Queen of sending a text and then doing this:

 

*from

*tits

*you

 

Because those words often get sent as:

FORM

TITA

TOU.

What can I say, my brain works way faster than my Alfred Hitchcock thumbs and I often send typos, even thought I hate them and get annoyed when other people send them.

 

Ahem.

Massively off topic.

So, onto the 7 tips to make blogging easier or more easy.

 

1.     1.   Find something to say.  I mean, DUH, but sometimes words are hard and feelings need to be locked down, which is where prompts such as this one come in handy.  Regardless of whether you use a prompt or not, you damn well better show up with something to say.  Doesn’t matter if it is profound, important, meaningful, or even interesting.  You better have something to say.

2.       2.  Pictures are helpful, but not important.  Like, I LOVE putting pictures of Ryan Gosling and Jason Momoa in my posts, but I have also done a couple of posts with no pictures – my emotions were so raw, there was no way to find a picture on Google that could have helped illustrate my point more than just the words I had to say.


I mean...you're welcome!



.      3.   Find a blogging mentor and do whatever you can to not copy their voice.  The creator of Kale and Cigarettes and Samantha Irby are my heroes.  Kirk Hensler and Samantha Irby mean everything to me when it comes to being raw and sharing shit, but I don’t want to copy their sound, I just want to be as brave and open as they are.  (PS – Google them, they are both fucking fire).  Let your mentors inspire you to honesty, vulnerability, but never plagiarism.

4.  4.       Don’t take yourself seriously.  This is good in blogging, but also life.  There is a shit ton of evidence that this experience we are all having is a simulation - https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/do-we-live-in-a-simulation-chances-are-about-50-50/ - which means you NEED to have a sense of humor about all of it.  Not one of us is going to get out of this journey as corporeal humans on earth alive, so play and have fun.


5.    5.     Use your spell-check.  I don’t always do this when I post, but you can be damn sure I do it when I come back on the 2nd day to check my ‘stats’.  Speaking of stats, I am EXTREMELY popular in Russia.  Why is that?


6.   6.    Do not censor yourself.  We like it when you overshare and say too much and get all up in your feels.

7.       Don’t overthink things.  I just did and I came out with a very pretentious, high-handed post tonight which makes me so annoyed with myself that I want to delete every word I just typed, but I won’t because I am over 500 (makes up for last night’s under), so WINNING!

 

‘Night, ya’ll!

 PS - It is "easier".  You're welcome.



You're welcome again.



No comments:

Sad But True

So, I’ve been reading Stephen King’s 11/23/63 novel the last few days, and I cannot help feeling personally attacked tonight by it. The book...