Monday, March 1, 2021

You've Got A Friend In Me

 


One of my favorite humans had a birthday this weekend.

My Anna-Boo.

I missed her birthday because of a family beach trip ( more on that later), but I love her just the same.

We have been friends for 19 years and I decided to open this year’s “500 WAD” by celebrating her.

My last blog post was about losing a dear friend and how it hurt me.

I have lost a lot of friends in the last twelve months and some hurt, but some were such a relief.

How I lost those friends was recognizing that time had passed and the person I saw as a friend was not who they are today.

Like, I slapped a coat of concrete on who you were and tried to carry that "you" with me.

But you aren’t that person anymore, and I don’t like who you are now.

It has happened several times in the last 12 months...

So I wondered, is that me and my Anna-banana?

NOPE.

I love her.

As soon as Australia lets trash Americans in, I am sleeping on her couch – hopefully without Huntsmans, because they show up every day.

Time has passed, our children have grown, but the love I have for my girl is unending,

I was in the room when her youngest child was born, cringing on the floor so the mirror the Dr held up to show her Nick did not show me her rude bits.

I was in the airport with her as she left me, hugging her kids and saying goodbye, but I would be there soon.

I am here now, loving my girl…worried that I cant tell her enough how much I love her or how much her friendship means to me.

We have had the best times… RITA, clubs where I licked her face for cameras, watching American Idol and eating the best food.

We have had the worst times.  She has lost so many people and I have tried to be there and support her through CAMBO and Andrea and everything else.

Some friendships end because we grow and move on and become different people.

Some friendships end because this is life and this is just how things go.

Some friendships never end because this person is your person and you will never let them go.

You will always love them and be there for them and NEVER EVER let them go.

I love you, Anna-Boo.

You are the most beautiful, gorgeous, courageous, best-bicep-having, loving human I have ever known.

I am sorry I missed marking your birthday on social media, but I know you don’t care about things like that.

I am sorry I haven’t dragged Samantha down to Oz, but COVID effed that up and it’s not my fault.

Here is what I know about you:

You are strong, smart, gorgeous, able, and caring.

Here is what I know about me:

I am grateful, lucky, and so SO blessed to have you, my Anna-Boo, in my life,

 

PS – I kinda get the feeling we should be BFFs forever….or something like that.

Also, RYAN GOSLING!!!




1 comment:

Goca said...

I would worry more about Redbacks and Funnel Webs than Huntsmans. 🙂

Sad But True

So, I’ve been reading Stephen King’s 11/23/63 novel the last few days, and I cannot help feeling personally attacked tonight by it. The book...