Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Let's Talk About Sex

Um, so...
Yeah.
You know when people say things are better than sex and you are, like, "Whhhhaaaaatt?"

Like, um, NO SUSAN, your strawberry cream-cheese bites are not 'better than sex"

Or, NO HELEN, your "seekrit fambly resoppee" broccoli casserole is not better than sex.

Like, YO, ladies...if you are having a magical gustatory experience and you claim it is better than sex then you are CLEARLY not having the right kind of sex.

Just saying...

However.

I had an experience today that - while I can honestly say it is not better than sex-  it could seriously be a suitable replacement during these uncertain times when life is all topsy-turvy and men are trash.

That experience is stretching.

About a month ago, I was shown a video of 'stretch gyms', where you go lay on a table and let someone stretch you out and apply a set of straps and giant, vibrating massagers to your muscles.

They push and pull and contort you in some very interesting ways.

Looked interesting, and - in the most ambivalent way - both relaxing and stimulating.

I promptly forgot all about it.

Until last week.

I got an email that a local 'stretch place' was offering free consultations.

I signed up.

I got stretched today.

It was fucking glorious.

Like, massages are the shit, but have you ever been stretched?




My boy Cody did a medical assessment, discussed my fitness goals, and then...

MF went right to town on my muscles.

It was fucking glorious.


I left that place glowing like a candle.

COVID has put a serious damper on my sex life, and food and booze make me fat, so they are out as coping strategies.

45 minutes of having my limbs pulled and stretched and I am a new woman.

$400 a month to get this done 2X per week?

TAKE MY MONEY.

Look, if you need a slightly transcendental experience and you don't want to take drugs or have sex with random dudes off of Tinder, then I highly recommend you call "Stretch Zone" in Vancouver and get your stretch on.

Worth every penny.

I am totally giving up sex in favor of getting stretched.

Maybe not forever, but DEFINTIELY for the next 12 weeks.

I mean, starting on Friday.

Me after 12 weeks of glorious stretch!


No comments:

Sad But True

So, I’ve been reading Stephen King’s 11/23/63 novel the last few days, and I cannot help feeling personally attacked tonight by it. The book...