Tuesday, July 24, 2018

WHY, Guys...Why?


AHEM....


Why is it that a "husband and children" are seen as a goal or achievement for women?

Why is it that marriage and family is seen as a 'lifestyle' for men?

Why is it that when a woman works a 40 hour week, you ask the Hubs to "watch" the kids when you are on the clock?


Why is it that, when Hubs has to work, you PAY someone else to watch the kids?

Am I wrong here?

This shit makes me mad as hell.

(Profanity supplied by Jameson --- pregnancy not included)

I don't get how dudes can pro-create and not be just as responsible as women for their progeny.

Don't get me wrong, I know SEVERAL (three) full-time dads that pick up the slack and parent FAR better than the Moms do...

I just wonder, how did we get to the point where dad is (painfully, reluctantly, or resentfully) "watching" the babe, and Mom must bow under and -- subserviently - watch the kiddos after a 40-hour work week.


Is it a cultural thing?

Honestly?

In these days of social media and "Insta-EVERYTHING", and fake news and Equal Rights For All., how do you reconcile the fact that a mother must work a 40-hour week, read stories, cook, clean, pack lunches for Dad and kiddos and still look amazing and be DTF whenever dad wants it.

I am pathologically single....actually, at 6 years out, I am a straight up fucking spinster. but I would rather be one than ask my life partner to "watch" Lexi while I do budget revisions, work on a friend's wedding, or just get a frickin massage.


Why do we do this....assign ourselves these roles?

Fear?

Hope?

WHAT??

I choose to see it as hope, 'cause I'm cool like that, but MAN, I hope one day we don't have to have this discussion.

I hope all you lame-ass dudes could be just like Jason Momoa and raise your kids to be citizens of the Earth, without expecting them to be citizens of our culture.

Why do I not feel like that is a thing?

https://binged.it/2uNACnh
https://binged.it/2uNACnh

No comments:

Sad But True

So, I’ve been reading Stephen King’s 11/23/63 novel the last few days, and I cannot help feeling personally attacked tonight by it. The book...