Monday, July 23, 2018

Survey Says!

There is a study out there that says smart people are more inclined to drink.
Wooo-hooo!!
See??  Totally not a lush, just a genius. 

Which  you already knew, yes?

Then I read another study that says if you don't have a lot of sex, it could affect your brain function, as it is proven that regular, vigorous sex improves brain function and promotes the growth of brain cells.


(Okay, I threw that 'vigorous' in myself, the study did not specify, but if you are gonna do it, you may as well do it right....right?)


Well, that sucks....So I am not smart anymore?  
What? 
The Dumb and The Sexless (would have been a great name for this blog, but I am fairly sure I was getting it on the regular when I started this damn thing!), surely that's not me??

Well, that is no fun.


It started me wondering about studies.  Like, why do people do them?  Clearly studies that lead to medical breakthroughs are good and helpful and worthwhile, but why do we study so many other things?  





Of COURSE the "binge drinking" study is the first one Google shows me...Because algorithms



I went to the Pew Research Center's web page - mostly because I like the name!




They had an article where they had done a study that showed that 1/3 of US adults knew someone that had fertility treatments and then I got annoyed.  IIIIIIIIII am a US adult, and no one asked meeeeeee if I knew someone that has fertility treatments, so howwwww can they say "1/3 of US adults"??


They didn't specify how many people they asked, they simply state "1/3 of US adults".  Is this what that Beaker-looking mo-fo at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave means by "fake news"?



                                   

I read infinity studies and realized that you could probably find a study that coincides with any particular belief you have, because the majority of 'studies' are actually just surveys. 


Like, they asked 2002 (odd number to choose, right?  Like 2000 wouldn't do, they just had to squeeze in those extra 2 people?) people to rank their favorite presidents, and said a "study showed"  that X% of Americans preferred this guy to that one.

Lame!!!

That wasn't a study, that was a survey!!


That actually fills me with a great deal of relief because, as I was science-ing on the internet, I was able to find out the following things:



1. Fat bottomed girls really do make the world go round.

2. Sexual satisfaction for women inproves with age
3. Even though I am pretty much a nun, I still have more sex than a large number of married people
4. Size doesn't matter (I respectfully disagree)
5. I may be slightly obsessed with sex.  (that wasn't a survey or anything, I am just noticing a trend here in my train if thought.)


I was, sadly, unable to find any recent studies with Jason Momoa as the subject, but think that I should commission one really soon.






I'll keep you posted!


No comments:

Sad But True

So, I’ve been reading Stephen King’s 11/23/63 novel the last few days, and I cannot help feeling personally attacked tonight by it. The book...