Saturday, August 11, 2018

7 Days Later And I Am Fine.

I took a #Facebreak last week.

7 days not on Facebook.

I did it because I was tired of dropping my phone on my face when I fell asleep at night.

I did it because I was tired of waking up and jumping on to see what was going on in the FB World.

I did it to see if I could.

I did it because I am SOOOOO sick of your stupid political memes.

I did it because I fucking HATE seeing your #PETA posts, showing chickens with no beaks and deformed cows, etc.

I did it because I needed to see how much FB really means to me.

Day 1.  I had to FORCE MYSELF to NOT log in.  App was deleted off of phone and laptop and desktop, but I still typed "facebook" into the browser after reading the 'news', both real and fake.  Had to force myself not to type in email and password.  Didn't type in my email, just typed  "Jason Momoa shirtless" into the Google tab as a means of (very welcome) distraction.


Can you BLAME me??






Day 2....well, I had a lot of shit going on, so I had no time to be tempted by Facebook.  Only time to be tempted by this:

Ahem.


Day 3.  Only mad that I cant see pics of my Baby Harlow.  Messenger, in my experience, is an offshoot of FB, so I can't get on Messenger without logging into FB, right?  Which means, I can't see THIS every day:

Harlow messing with her "WOO"




Day 4:  Didn't even think about FB because OH MY EVER FUCKING HEAVENS I HAVE TOO MUCH WORK TO DO!!!


Day 5:  Same.


Day 6:  Lexi is the biggest pain in the ass in the wholewideworld, and as much as I absolutely (for REAL) love my job.....I FUCKING HATE MY JOB!!


Day 7:  Guess what?? Messenger works without FB!!  Hallelujah!!  Communication is a thing!


Day 8:  I love and miss updates from my friends, but is there anything related to #JasonMomoa that I have missed???



Seriously the most perfect human on the planet.




Today:  Ummm...do I have to???  As much as I want to check in and see how you all are, I literally do not gove one single fuck how you feel about Brexit, MAGA, Omafuckface, Duchess Megs (although I luurrve her!), Kourtney's love life, or Brangelina's demise (although.... HAHA, you fucking cheaters!!).

I decided that FB is a means to an end for me.  Sooo, I will be whittling down my "friends" list very severely in the next week, so that only my actual friends are on my FB.  I will be unsubscribing from MANY groups and pages.

I literally mean not one ounce of offense to anyone, but I realized in my FB-free week, that there are very few people I want to be around, talk to, or interact with.  All of the others came about because of friends of friends and because my best friend died and suddenly a number of people I have never even met wanted to be FB friends with me.  I appreciate that...like, sooooo much.  But I have to just "do me", which means I have to be real and authentic and only keep people in my cyber (who even uses that phrase anymore??) life people that I know.

If I delete you, don't take it personally, I may accept a friend request from you in the future (unless your initials are JDW, in which case --QUIT FUCKING ASKING MY FRIENDS WHERE I AM, THEY WILL NEVER TELL YOU, ASSHOLE!!-- sorry, it had to be said), but just now I have realized that my personal social media should only be people I actually know and love.

Like this dude:


Ok,  Ok, I don't KNOW him, but I certainly LOVE him!! <3

No comments:

Sad But True

So, I’ve been reading Stephen King’s 11/23/63 novel the last few days, and I cannot help feeling personally attacked tonight by it. The book...